Wednesday, November 18, 2009

109TH CARD ~ FINLAND



RECEIVED FROM POST CROSSING
Sent by Alisa From Finalnd
Traveled 5,766 Kms in 16 days

Photo of : The Villa Gyllenberg Art Museum in Helsinki, Finland


I really do love post cards with museums or art galleries on them (have I mentioned this before?) I am not even sure why? Perhaps it is the grand buildings or maybe simply just the fact that I can look up the museum or gallery on the internet and "virtually" explore. I just love museums period. Always have. I guess I should just go ahead and say it- “I love learning” There I said it. If there was a lame Olympics I would get the gold.

I even fell in love with my husband in a museum.
The natural history museum was featuring an exhibit about the Amazon Rain Forest. He had asked me to go with him, and on a whim I had said yes.

Honestly I wasn't terribly interested in him up until that "date".

He was so shy then but very smart; and at the very least I thought he was a nice guy.

I was 19 and he was 21.
It turned out to be a fairly nice day and we spent most of the afternoon wandering around the different exhibits. Towards the end if the afternoon we were standing in front of a display about lemurs and he was telling me some obscure fact about them ... suddenly something in my brain clicked and it must have shown on my face because I remember him asking me if anything was wrong. “No”, I had told him, “Nothing at all”- but inside my brain was a whirl wind of thoughts. It was in that moment I knew, that one day, I was going to marry him…although at the time I did not truly believe it. I barely knew this man. So at the time I chalked it up to simple foolishness and possibly hunger.

Six years later we were married- and I have honestly never been happier.


Thank you Alisa for the lovely card and the inspired memory. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment