Wednesday, February 3, 2010

134TH & 135TH CARD ~ CANADA

PRIVATE CARD
Sent by the lovely Kelly from St.John's, Newfoundland
, Canada

Photo of:
(top photo)
Boat on the water in Trinity, Newfoundland
"Only a few hours from St. Johns, the serene and beautiful town of Trinity is a historic fishing village."

(bottom photo)
Gander, Newfoundland
"Clockwise from top left: Gander International Airport; a Canso Water Bomber, one of the exhibits at the North Atlantic Aviation Museum;a portion of the 22 meter long mural at Gander International Airport; the Silent Witness Memorial commemorates the 256 victims of the 1985 Arrow Air Disaster"


Lovely! My dear friend Kelly sent me these cards. She is living in St. John's now and I had asked if she was ever in the Gander area if she could try and find me a post card from there. I was actually born in Gander.
Anyway- she had to go on quite a car drive, pretty much from one end of the island to the other (Newfoundland is VERY large) and on her travels she picked up like eight cards for me! Too sweet. I am not going to post them all as I may share one or two with some fellow post card collectors.
Anyway - now I am sitting here longing to be on the island with my grandparents and my many aunts, uncles and cousins. Maybe I will be lucky enough to make a trip this summer.
Thank you pretty lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment