Tuesday, May 5, 2009

3RD CARD ~ ENGLAND


RECEIVED FROM POST CROSSING

Sent by opti301 from Oxford, England
Traveled
4,554 kms in 9 days

Photo of:
Handmade - image of yarn, string and beads


~ Now this really is a thoughtful card. I love...LOVE ... to knit. It really is my biggest hobby. My grandmother taught me knitting basics when I was around twelve years old - although my love for knitting didn't really start until I was in my very early twenties. I think one of the biggest reasons that I love it so much is because I feel like I am preserving a little piece of the past, making sure that the art of knitting (at least in my own family) does not die out. Although, really if you stumbled upon Ralvery.com (a online knitting/croceht comunity) with its 471,190
registered users it is very clear to see that the art of knitting is not in any real danger of becoming a thing of the past.
Never the less, knitting makes me feel special. The knowledge that I can make soemthing useful with my own hands is very rewarding and something I have come to crave!


Opti, thank you so much for this thoughtful card! I love to knit so the image of the yarn and string was a great choice. Thank you for being so thoughtful!

No comments:

Post a Comment