Tuesday, May 5, 2009

2ND CARD ~ GERMANY


RECEIVED FROM POST CROSSING

Sent by froggy12 from Garmish-Partenkirehen, Germany
Traveled
5,175 Kms in 6 days

Photo of:
Garmish-Partenkirehen/ Oberbayen, Germany

(from Wikipedia)
Garmisch-Partenkirchen is a market town in Bavaria, southern Germany. It is the administrative center of the district of Garmish-Partenkirchen, in the Oberbayern region, not far from the border of Austria. Garmisch and Partenkirchen were separate towns for many centuries, and still maintain quite separate identities

~ I really like all the views on this card. It really shows a nice scope of the area. Honestly I jjust love cards from Germany. I spent the first six years of my life in Germany. We lived on the Canadian Military base in Lahr. My parents loved to take weekend trips so we were always finding ourselves in one beautiful place aftre another. I being young, was really only along for the ride but I do remember so many places and the many of the beautiful landscapes. When I get cards from Germany it brings a little bit of comfort to me- almost like a 'homey' feeling. Which some people may think is odd (me being so young and my time spent there so long ago) - but for me, it goes almost without saying that my very first years spent with my parents in Germany are some of my very happiest memories.

Thank You Maren (froggy12) For this lovely card! I love the mountains! Thank you for the memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment